Tips On How to Care for Your Tattoo
After you get your tattoo the fun part is over. There are a few steps that you need to follow after you get your tattoo so that it can heal. The healing of your tattoo is the final aspect of your art piece.
A tattoo normally takes anywhere from 7 to 14 days to look fully healed, depending on the type, style, size and placement, but it can take up to 30 days to completely heal.
We ask that you take care of your tattoo as if it were any other wound.
- Keep your tattoo clean.
- You can remove protective plastic an hour after you get your tattoo.
- Wash your tattoo with an antibacterial soap twice a day.
- Air dry, dab or blot. Do Not Rub.
- Apply a thin layer of antibacterial ointment throughout the day for the next 3 days. We recommend Bacitracin or A&D Ointment.
- On the 4th day and thereafter, for about 10 days, use an unscented fragrance free lotion to help with the healing process. We recommend Eucerin, Lubriderm, or Aquaphor.
Also avoid swimming, hot tubs, soaking in bath, tanning, and more importantly DO NOT SCRATCH or peel scab
Here at Firme Copias we are committed to providing our clients with the best tattoos, this is why our San Antonio tattoo artist use the highest quality of inks and equipment.
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions about caring for your tattoo. (210) 560-1570.